This will partly be a Paula’s Choice Barely There vs. Tarte Tinted Moisturizer, because hencetofor (is that a word?) Tarte TM has been the winner of all TM’s.
This is quite possibly the most perfect thing I’ve ever had on my skin, and I think it officially is replacing my Tarte TM.
See I actually have been looking for another product to interchange with Tarte Tinted Moisturizer anyway for the following reasons, which are all very personal and not a reflection of the wonderful product Tarte Tinted Moisturizer.
1. The Price.
2. The fact that it was never a stand alone product for me. It was always a skincare and had to be layered with other things. It felt good and was very balancing, but looked really shiny and just didn’t have the coverage I needed.
3. I just wanted something that felt slightly different. Can’t explain it.
So I got Paula’s Choice Barely There Sheer Tint in Light/Fair. I originally got it two shades darker and customer service was AMAZING when I called to ask for an exchange, not requiring me to send the original product in. What an easy exchange!.
I am wearing the color straight out of one of their samples which they sent to me free of charge when they heard I was having color difficulty.
This is why it is the only tinted moisturizer I have found so far that could hold a candle to, and even replace, Tarte TM. I have been wearing it for days (in various shades), and it has definitely not had a breakout effect on my skin. Most tinted moisturizers do. Wanted so to love Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer because I just truly love that lady and her brand and her colors are amazing, but it made me break out. Wanted to love Philosophy’s Healthy Tinted Moisturizer (or something like that) because it was made with olive oil and that sounded oh so natural but my oily skin + olive oil don’t mix.
The silkiness of this product is evident right away. And it spreads really well, making a little go a long way.
I love that it’s
- made with mineral-based sunscreens,
- love that it has antioxidants like Vitamin E and C (gotta have my vitamin c!!!),
- love that is has Sodium Hyaluronate (yeah for anti-aging stuff in your makeup),
- love the way it feels
- love its coverage! I don’t want to see my makeup. I want to look more natural than I do with the foundation I’ve been wearing. I want to even out my skin tone and use concealer where needed. I have been watching lots of Lisa Eldridge and she has convinced me this is definitely a better approach.
- love that it is only $15. I actually got mine for $12.00 and change with a discount and am feeling very happy and clever.
It is a tinted moisturizer – so it’s sheer (I’m going to review the foundation as well soon).
This is what it looks like in sunlight.
It actually has some similarities with my beloved Tarte Tinted Moisturizer, the antioxidants, vitamins and sodium hyaluronate. It has some similarities in the way it feels, too. I noticed it when I started applying it and with the calm way my skin felt when I have it on.
The color choice was difficult for me. But lots of tests and I figured it out.
I wear it with concealer (not a great one) and a very little bit of setting powder.
It doesn’t have the clay. I’m actually surprised I like something without clay. I thought that was necessary for acne-prone skin.
You can find it here. Paula mentions that this is very much like a beauty balm.
Active: Titanium Dioxide 5%; Zinc Oxide 5% (mineral-based sunscreens); Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Propylene Glycol (water-binding agent), PEG/PPG-18/18-Dimethicone (silicone-based emulsifier), Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate (thickener), Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone slip agents), Talc (absorbent), Phytantriol (water-binding agent), Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (antioxidants vitamin E and C), Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredients), Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid (thickeners), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (slip agent), Boron Nitride (absorbent), Sodium Dehydroacetate (preservative), Palmitic Acid (thickener), Dextrin Palmitate (emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives). May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide (pigments).